Thursday, September 13, 2012

If it doesn't fit....

My husband and I just moved from St. Augustine, FL to Fort Collins, CO. We used a Pack Rat Container to move our household belongings. We gave away a lot of furniture and other items before we moved knowing that some of the stuff was not suppose to make the move. There was a little concern that we could be over our weight allowance on the container, but other than that, there was a bit of comfort in knowing that if something didn’t fit, it wouldn’t ship! No gnashing of teeth, simply no more room for extra stuff!


Maybe that is the lesson for us all from this experience, if something in our lives no longer fits, we should not try to take it with us into the next chapter of our life, indeed…don’t try to take it into the next moment of our lives.

Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year. I think it has something to do with how the light slants onto the earth. Plus, I have always felt like The Fall brings new adventures with the starting of new school years…and particularly for me this year…the start of the new chapter of living in Fort Collins. If you haven’t had the opportunity to do your “spring cleaning” yet this year, borrow a page out of my book, and use the energy and the light of the Autumn to remember that … if it no longer fits, don’t let it “slip” into your next moment.

Namaste.

No comments: