Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sound-bites: Ideas for Releasing Judgment and Holding More Serenity.


Do you ever wonder, like me, about the sound-bites you hear in the media, from politicians or even from your own guidance? Sound-bites like “we need to do something about income inequality” from our politicians on both sides of the aisle. And from our own guidance, “hold more serenity and release judgment of self and others?” You usually don’t hear anyone arguing that the sound-bite is invalid. You also don’t hear the next 10 sentences beyond the sound-bites that might actually give you some ideas or some action steps to work on these “universal good ideas.” When I heard from my guidance that I needed to have and hold more “serenity” and to “release judgment of self and others” in 2015, I was thinking, “tell me something I don’t already know!” So – my guidance told me more! Here are some excerpts from our conversation.


Our Lower-self looks out at the world and judges a situation. Is the situation good or bad? Does it affect me or my loved ones? Does it affect my livelihood and my way of life? Does it challenge the way I look at myself or the world? Whereas, Our Souls look inward and discern, “what is my truth? What is the universal truth regarding this situation? What is in the highest good of all in this situation?” These are the type of questions that concern us at the Soul Level.

Next, the Lower-self looks out at the outer world situation and judges who is to blame for the situation. Can I be viewed as the victim and therefore, blameless? If it isn’t my fault or “they” started it, can I be viewed blameless or justified, if I retaliate? Again, Our Souls look inward and discern, “what do I need to do to raise my vibration and the vibration of all to heal the situation?” Our Souls aren’t concerned about keeping a scorecard, who may or may not have started it, who may or may not have dirt on their hands. The Souls are concerned about returning to when all we felt was love. There is no scorecard. We aren’t playing for keeps. We are just playing. Life on earth is a grand experiment and illusion.

Finally, the lower-self looks out and asks, “How can I save face?” The Soul isn’t concerned about saving face, it is ONLY concerned about learning all that can be learned in the experiment zone, wrapping up the experiment and recognizing the Love and the Light in Everyone and Everything.

I remember visiting a resort town in West Virginia. My husband and I were eating lunch next to three families who had been skiing. One table had all the kids and one dad at it. The second table had the rest of the adults. The kids were playing a board game where the goal was to get to the center of the board first and then, the game would be over. The first girl to get to the center of the board said, “Let’s play until we all win.” That is how our Souls feel about this grand experiment and the board game we call Life on Earth. There is no loser, there is no scorecard, we play until we all win. No one is left behind.

If we can start to look at everything from the perspective of Our Souls and The Spiritual Hierarchy with discernment about what we can learn from the situation instead of looking with judgment as to who is to blame, we can start to tailor our actions and beliefs to be more in alignment with universal truths and hold less judgment. That is how you hold more serenity. Eliminate judgment of self and others and what is left is serenity.  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sound-bites can be so misleading. The flurry of sound-bites without the followup is no different than taking any comment out of context. As conscious beings, we need to be CONSCIOUS beings, especially with our own guidance. Thanks, Lori.
Love,
Marsha

Amy Johnson said...

Lori -

Thank you for this post. I'm wondering how a person balances truly wanting everyone to win and protecting her- or himself from ongoing abuse from others. I've spent many years trying to help create a situation in which everyone in that particular situation - I won't describe it in too much detail - wins. In the process, I've made myself into a doormat with all kinds of internal issues resulting from being take advantage of. How does a person protect herself from further pain while also wanting others to thrive?

I AM Lori said...

Dear Amy, Thank you for your comments. The short answer is going to be a “Sound Bite”. The short answer is that you need to check with your inner guidance to know how to stand in your own power while having compassion for all others in the situation. You are right to know that if you are being marginalized that this is not a situation that is operating in the highest good for all.

The longer answer involves possibly taking a class in order to understand philosophies that could help you to get in touch with your inner guidance and to clear away all the old false beliefs, discordant emotions and old patterns of behavior. Many of us don’t recognize that we are operating based on these old false beliefs, discordant emotions and old behaviors until we have someone else help us see it.

Many of us, especially with family situations, still have the old programming that we grew up with. And we have old behaviors of wanting to be the rescuer or falling into the old habits of being the victim. The ultimate goal is to stand in your power, not taking power away from anyone else, but not allowing anyone else to take your power away, either. That is the true win/win. Just because someone else is getting their buttons pushed, doesn’t mean that the situation is being handled wrong. Even in everyday terminology, people talk about Tough Love. Metaphysicians probably would not use the word tough love, but they would know, in no uncertain terms, that Divine Love doesn’t mean “placating”, “peace at any price” or “giving in”, necessarily. Divine Love has the strength and wisdom to know when to speak and when to be silent, when to act and when to do nothing, knowing that it is in the highest good of all.

In STANDING IN THE LIGHT®, we have 4 day-long classes in the Level 1 Foundational training and another 4 day-long classes in the Level 2 Greater Mastery training. I tell you this, because it takes 8 days just to scratch the surface of knowing how to listen to your inner wisdom, which is the best way to understand what is the appropriate action for you to take in a given situation. After the training, practicing and meditating on a daily basis is the way to true mastery.
Only your inner guidance knows what is best for all involved as even situations that look similar are different or viewed differently for each participant. Thus, there is no “cookie cutter” answer even in situations that look similar.

I hope this helps. With much love, Lori