Friday, May 31, 2013

The Reality of the Illusion becomes more Real

I am not sure how all of you are feeling about the news (local, national and international) as well as the arts and entertainment fields, but if you are feeling anything similar to how I feel, I believe I am stuck in a “Theatre of the Absurd” play. Fewer and fewer programs I watch on TV or articles I read in the paper feel like they are actually happening. More and more they feel like they are being broadcast in order to keep me occupied from seeing what is really going on in the world; which is the realization that all is an illusion.


I seemed to be impressed that news anchors and politicians can actually say what they are saying without laughing or giving a conspiratorial wink, to let us know that we are viewing something ironic. I actually think many of them are still speaking the party lines and believe, to some extent or the other, what they are saying. But, more often than not, I have started to feel like the female character in “V for Vendetta”, Evey, who comments that she can tell when the reporters know the story they are reporting is false based on how often the reporter blinks.

As for the entertainment side of the house, most of the movies I have been drawn to watch recently, also follow the theme of questioning history or offering an alternative view of what we know as history. Whether it is “Abraham Lincoln, The Vampire Hunter” (alternate reason for US Civil war) or “Anonymous” (about the possibility that William Shakespeare did not actually write the plays that have come down to us as having been written by Shakespeare) or a whole collection of books / movies set in a despotic “future” (from when they were written…some of those dates having since past … 1984, Brave New World or V for Vendetta, itself.) have made me re-think aspects of what I view NOW with a more willingness to question what I am seeing or hearing NOW.

I believe that is all we have ever been asked to do, philosophically, to question what we hear and see as to whether this is true for us now, was it ever true for us and to hold the possibility that what we see as true now, through our own inquisitiveness and evolution, might become a belief of the past allowing for a more up-to-date version of The Truth to be felt.

Let us be willing to open our hearts and minds to the possibilities that what we see and hear is a veneer and be willing to dig a little deeper, to go to our ultimate Source…our own Guidance, our own God-self to determine what is true for us and what actions (if any) we should take with this new understanding; the new understanding of The Illusion.

No comments: